|The Official Clan Rules
List of Contents
1.In-Game Rules Section
- 1.1 General
- 1.2 Miscellaneous
2.Clan War and Rated Clan Wars Section
- 2.1 General
- 2.1 Clan Wars Specific
- 2.3 Rated Clan Wars Specific
3.Forum Specific Rules Section
- 3.1 General
- 3.2 Spamming
- 3.3 Flaming
- 3.4 Images, Avatar and Signatures
- 3.5 Forum-Miscellaneous
4.Clan Events and Open Clan Events Section
- 4.1 General
- 4.2 Clan Events Specific
- 4.3 Open Clan Events Specific
- 4.4 Forum Events Specific
- 5.1 The Senate Specific
- 5.2 Skill Specific
1. In-Game Rules Section
- 1.1.1 Members should follow all the basic Game Chat Rules in our Clan Channel.
- 1.1.2 Putting into practice any of the following is considered to be an offence, and suitable punishment shall be doled out to miscreants.
- 126.96.36.199 Using offensive language against any member of the clan.
- 188.8.131.52 Abusing anyone, in any language, domestic or foreign.
- 184.108.40.206 Spamming, that is, posting repetitive, disruptive or visibly irritating messages, unnecessarily.
- 220.127.116.11 Advertising any other Clan.
- 1.1.3 Impostors in the Clan Channel causing any sort of nuisance or disruption, will be kicked from the Channel without prior notice.
- 1.1.4 Members should stay in the Clan Channel whenever they are online in the game. However, they may be excused if they are engaged in any of the following activities.
- 18.104.22.168 Dungeoneering
- 22.214.171.124 Fighting in a Clan War (of the clan)
- 126.96.36.199 Participating in a Minigame which could get interrupted due to traffic in the Chat Box.
- 1.1.5 However, the members taking leave for the reasons stated above, must visit the Clan Channel periodically to check on the Channel ongoings, like an important last minute Clan Announcement etc.
1.2 Public Behaviour
- 1.2.1 During a public meeting of the clan, members are expected to maintain discipline. Typing random text, unnecessarily and continuously doing emotes, and using auto talkers is not allowed.
- 1.2.2 If the Leader of the Gathering wants you to type a certain message, so as to gain attention or display activity, then members should type that message only, and not anything else.
- 1.2.3 In public, there are generally 2 types of formations; The Fall In Formation, and The Train Formation.
When the Leader gives the Order, members should arrange themselves in that particular formation without hesitation.
- Fall In Formation refers to the formation wherein all the players "follow" the Leader.
- Train Formation is the arrangement in which players form a long line, a "train".
2. Clan War and Rated Clan War Rules Section
- 2.1.1 Downloading the Official Audio Software of our Clan, namely TeamSpeak 3 is mandatory.
- 2.1.2 Members should "fall-in" on (follow) the Leader during the Countdown before the wars.
- 2.1.3 The Leader should be respected, and his calls should be heeded to. Anyone leaving the pile (unless tanking, sniping etc) shall bring nothing but displeasure to the Clan.
- 2.1.4 If the Clan is participating in a Clan War/Rated Clan War Session that includes multiple wars, then each member is requested to meet at the decided meeting point, so that the Leader is able to arrange the next war.
- 2.1.5 Flaming, abusing or using offensive language; before, during or after the war is not allowed.
- 2.1.6 Players should ask for a rematch only when the Leader/Warlord grants permission to do so.
2.2 Clan Wars Specific
- 2.2.1 In Clan Wars, it is recommended that every members sets the War Leader as his/her caller.
- 2.2.2 Players should wear our Clan Cape during wars. Skillcapes are supposed to be worn by War Leaders only.
2.3 Rated Clan Wars Specific
- 2.3.1 In Rated Clan Wars, badges are distributed at regular intervals. When a message that asks the Member whether he/she wants a RCW badge or no, then the "Yes" option should be selected by him/her.
- 2.3.2 However, for some reason if a member was not present during the distribution, instead of asking the Warlords for another distribution, it is suggested that he/she gets the Badge from the Sergeant-at-Arms in the Clan Camp.
- 2.3.3 Members are advised to reserve a bank space for the Clan Vexillum for fast access to the Clan Camp. This is not mandatory, as long as punctuality is maintained.
3. Forum Specific Rules Section
- 3.1.1 All content on the this site should be non-offensive, non-abusive, and should be user friendly. It should not, in any form, be vulgar or harmful to any Member or Visitor.
- 3.1.2 Members disrupting the functioning of the Forums through any of the following, will be punished accordingly.
Spam refers to any type of repetitive, disruptive or non-constructive message that does not contribute to the Topic of the thread.
Although some posts might seem to be an interference in the thread ongoings, they will not be considered spam if they are related to the context.
Characteristics of Spam include:
- 3.2.1 Single Word Posts like "lol" or "+1" Posts in the off-topic section could be considered an exception, unless recurring and/or disruptive.
- 3.2.2 Random and/or meaningless strings of letters, numbers, symbols or any other content.
- 3.2.3 Posts that are written in UPPERCASE throughout. These posts display the effect of being impolite and create an image of shouting.
- 3.2.4 Posts that are totally irrelevant to the topic.
- 3.2.5 Bumping old topics(1 month+) without a valid reason.
- 3.2.6 Quoting and re-quoting huge amounts of content, even if the quoted/re-quoted text is visible on the current or previous pages.
- 3.2.7 Content, like a single string of letters, or a long word, that exceeds 500 pixels in length. (No exceptions to this rule)
Note: Quantity of Posts does not indicate Spamming. A person simply having a higher post count, or a high number of posts on a particular day, or days, will not be considered a miscreant unless he/she violates any rule
Using violence, or hyperactivity, to harm or offend any member, directly or indirectly; in posts, is considered to be flaming. Although discussions and debates are allowed on the Forums, they should not turn out to be hostile or offensive in any form.
- 3.3.1Posts that are aimed at any individual or a particular group in the Clan.
- 3.3.2 Extension of an argument in a heated manner, especially on heated topics.
- 3.3.3 Invoking anger, and intentionally instigating a person to retaliate in a hostile manner.
It is to be noted that the Forums are not like the Clan Channel when it comes to posting.
Here, posting should be done in a thoughtful manner.
- 3.4.1 Posts should be legible, and should not contain unreasonably numerous grammatical or spelling mistakes.
- 3.4.2 Paragraphs, spacing and punctuation should be introduced wherever necessary.
- 3.4.3 Members whose grammar and spellings are not good enough, should make their best attempt towards making their post as easy-to-read as possible. For long posts, using word processors, that detect grammar and spelling errors, like MS Word, is recommended.
3.5 Image, Avatar, and Signature Rules Section
Images and Signature Size Limits
Points to be Noted
- 3.5.1 Images and Signatures should not exceed the limits mentioned above.
- 3.5.2 For Images exceeding the limit, a small thumbnail could be posted, which links to the original image in another tab.
- 3.5.3 Signatures are something that define your own identity and personality. They should original to a certain extent, and should not be harmful to a Clan Member in any way.
- 3.5.4 It is also suggested that signatures are to be kept as small as possible, so that more importance is given to your post. Signatures should not be visibly displeasing.
- 3.5.5. Avatars should not be vulgar or offensive. They should be cut down to 300kb.
3.6 Forum - Miscellaneous
- 3.6.1 If a member wishes to post a query, he/she should make an attempt to get the answer through other less disruptive means first. This may include using search engines like Google, or asking the question in the Clan Channel.
- 3.6.2 Advertising any other clan or a third party website, even on Forums, is an offence.
- 3.6.3 The Site Layout should not be distorted by posting a string of letters, numbers or other characters.
- 3.6.4 Members should, preferably, use English as the medium of communication.
However, Hindi is also allowed occasionally, given the fact that almost everyone in this clan knows it.
The idea behind this is that the Forum Moderators are not multi-lingual, and they cannot be held responsible for any rule broken in another language.
4. Clan Events and Open Clan Events Section
- 4.1.1 Every Event has a set of rules, timings and other details of its own which shall be posted on the Forums. These details are to be read carefully, understood, and followed.
- 4.1.2 Some Events require TeamSpeak3. as a medium for communication. Members should join the channel atleast 15 minutes before the Event begins.
- 4.1.3 In case of an In-Game Event, Members should arrive at the decided place at the given time, and should “fall-in” (follow) the Event Organiser upon arrival.
- 4.1.4 If any Member has a doubt or query, he/she should either ask the Event Organiser via PM, or post the doubt/query on the thread, prior to the event. He/she should not interrupt anyone during the Event for any doubt/query.
4.2 Clan Events Specific
Clan Events are conducted by Clan Event Organisers, every week. Details of these Events are posted in the Clan Events Section of the Forums.
Attendance for these Events is recorded, and posted on the Attendance Thread. Attendance is one of the factors that affects the promotion/demotion of a Member.
- 4.2.1 Members should read the details of Clan Events carefully.
- 4.2.2 They should post their attendance, that is whether they are attending the event or not, on the respective Clan Event thread.
4.3 Open Clan Events Specific
Open Clan Events are events usually conducted by general members. These events generally are conducted for fun, or for socialising.
Attendance for these events is not officially recorded.
- 4.3.1 If a Member wishes to conduct an Open Clan Event, he/she should post a topic containing the details of the Event, in the Open Clan Events Section.
- 4.3.2The Member organising the Open Clan Event should check whether the event coincides with another Event announced before, or not. If it does, then he/she should change the timings immediately.
- 4.3.3 An Open Clan Event should be conducted only if the Organiser feels that enough people will attend the Event.
4.4 Forum Events
Forum Events could either be a Clan Event or an Open Clan Event. Since it is to be held on the Forums, the following rules are to be followed in addition to the other Event rules mentioned above.
- 4.4.1 If the entries are to be sent to the Organisers via PM, then they should be sent to the concerned organiser only. The PM should have punctuations, spacing and paragraphs introduced wherever required.
- 4.4.2 If the entries are to be posted on a thread, then only one entry should be posted. Applicants should not create disturbance in the thread by posting casual remarks, or multiple applications.
- 4.4.3 Sending or posting of mock entries is not allowed.
5. Clan Citadel
The India Inc Citadel requires the co-operation and co-ordination of the clan's members to keep it running efficiently.
The Citadel can be accessed by entering the Portal situated in the Clan Camp.
5.1. The Senate Specific
Public Clan Meetings will be held in the Senate.
- 5.1.1The Members who wish to speaker should ascend the Podium only if they have been granted the permission to do so.
- 5.1.2 After the Member's turn is over, he/she should descend the Podium allowing the next Speaker to give his/her speech.
Likewise, members who wish to speak must wait for the previous Speaker to finish his/her, and descend the Podium.
- 5.1.3 After a Member has finished giving his/her speech, he/she should proceed to the benches immediately.
- 5.1.4 Members who do not wish to speak, or do not have the permission to do so, must sit on the benches, and listen carefully to the Speaker(s).
5.2. Skill Specific
Skilling Hotspots have been allocated around the Citadel
- Active Members should collect resources amounting up to a minimum of 10% of the Resource Cap of that week.
- Members should not hamper the progress of another member while training a skill.
6.1 TeamSpeak3 - India Inc Channel
A special Lobby channel has been allotted for members to chat, and play music. Playing Music is not allowed on the other two channels, namely Events and War.
Doing the following on our TeamSpeak3 Channel is considered to be an offence.
- 6.1.1 Abusing or using offensive language.
- 6.1.2 Impersonating others, either by changing your Nickname to, or similar to ,the person's Nickname.
- 6.1.3 Interrupting an ongoing, serious conversation between two or more Administrators.
- 6.1.4 Producing very loud or disturbing noises, like screeching.
- 6.1.5 Creating a disturbance just before, during or after a war.
- 6.1.6 Speaking of something that intrudes into a Channel User's privacy.
- 6.1.7 Unnecessarily poking, filing complaints against, or reporting a Channel User.
INDIA INC TEAM